Making the Board relevant to the Jewish community
- establish a Patron system to assist the Board with fundraising;
- launch a youth engagement strategy including the establishment of an annual youth plenary session. One of my priorities will be to help to develop the next generation of Deputies;
- increase the Executive by 3 members to ensure that under-represented groups have a voice and enhance the role of the Gender Equality Officer;
- extend the speaking time limit at plenary meetings to 3 minutes so as to give everyone a fair chance. Additionally, a binding vote will be held on the seating plan at plenary meetings;
- hold debates at plenary meetings: for example, in relation to the recent organ donation issue. This will make the Board THE place to debate the key issues of the day;
- ensure that all meetings of the Board, whether plenary, executive or division meetings, are conducted courteously, with diversity of opinion being respected;
- adopt a listening and consultative approach, including a monthly presidential Questions and Answers surgery.